Job Ref: 12824
Temp Credit Analyst Bilingual Hebrew
(located in Manhattan)
Work in conjunction with lending team on presentation of credit proposals to New York Branch and Head Office Credit Committees. Monitor and review performance of outstanding credits. Inform team of any changes in the underlying credit of borrowers.
· Initiate underwriting process upon receipt of signed term sheet/required deposit and support/information package from RM. Obtain and analyze necessary due diligence related information from sponsors and third parties, including property, market information, borrowing entity and structure, and financial statements. Prepare Credit Application (CAP).
· Inspect properties as needed to help in underwriting.
· Maintain awareness of portfolio performance and identify potential risks with specific loans.
· Work with RMs to identify any potential credit issues pertaining to existing loans based on ongoing monitoring efforts.
· Obtain and provide portfolio information to Credit Manager for preparation of portfolio sensitivity analysis as required.
· Review Dashboard Reports on a daily basis to identify and understand the nature of any upcoming maturities. Primary responsibility for taking action to ensure the timely completion of an amendment to the approved CAP upon a “handoff” package of information from RM.
· Shared responsibility with RM for primary accountability to review third party reports, address issues and challenge findings with vendors when appropriate, encourage third parties to deliver on time.
· Maintain current knowledge of Commercial Real Estate Lending Guidelines and apply as appropriate.
· Advanced credit and financial analysis skills
· Comprehension of complex transactions, loan documentation and deal structure
· Strong credit and cash flow analysis skills with complex, structured transactions, due diligence proficiency and detail orientation.
· Proficiency with MS Office products.
· Must be highly analytical, prudent, and thoughtful
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong ability to exercise independent action and moderate decision making authority with properly documented risk mitigation applied.
· Task oriented with attention to detail and strong ability to meet time sensitive deadlines.
· Ability to work independently
Experience Needed: Four to five years’ relevant experience as a credit analyst in Middle Market Commercial Lending in a corporate banking environment. Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Finance/Accounting/Economics. Languages (other than English): Hebrew required