Job Ref: 12849
M & A, Corporate Development Manager
Work as part of a small but prolific team that is charged with driving the inorganic growth of our client. Manage the acquisition process for domestic and international transactions across the business units. Establishes acquisition model with guidance from relative business unit and prepares presentation materials necessary to receive executive management approval to proceed with transactions. Makes recommendations for price and other substantive negotiations. Coordinates due diligence activities with internal teams, assists with the coordination of deal documents and finalizes acquisition model. Engages in integration process by coordinating necessary meetings ensuring business plan is properly implemented.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Company Analysis: Evaluate financial, corporate and operating information about potential acquisition targets, their fit within our client’s strategy, and summarize opportunities for management.
- Financial Analysis: Build acquisition models in partnership with business units based on all available information including information provided by target companies.
- Acquisition Process: Lead due diligence activities for ongoing transactions. Assemble the diligence team, coordinate diligence requests, liaise with external consultants and lawyers, raise concerns to the appropriate team members, and help address issues. Participate in transaction agreement reviews and negotiations.
- Presentations and Documentation: Prepare memos and presentations for senior management (CEO, executive management, investment committee, business leaders) to include items such as, but not limited to strategic review of a particular business segments, regular status updates, memos requesting permission to close, and board presentations.
- Integration: Ensure integration plan (systems, financial reporting, warehouse arrangements, vendor relations, headcount, etc.) is being properly implemented. Engage in calls/meetings with local team to address infrastructure issues/concerns.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of work investment banking, corporate business development, or equivalent experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field is required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Process oriented with strong attention to detail, project management experience preferred
- Significant· experience with financial modeling, M&A accounting preferred.
- Excellent time management skills to adhere to project timelines and meet deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively manage relationships across the organization and with external partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to conduct effective presentations
- Excellent research skills
- Capable of working collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work with highly confidential information and display tact and discretion
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and database applications.