Job Ref: 12743
Head of Compliance Training- VP
The Compliance Training Officer will be responsible for identifying training and development needs related to applicable laws and regulations affecting the banking industry including FRB and CFPB regulations, NYS Banking laws and regulations and other relevant federal and state laws, by conducting a training needs assessment with business line management to develop customized training programs through job analysis, appraisal schemes and other specialized needs. The Compliance Training Officer will also be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a bankwide training program in response to needs identified by the assessment and ensuring that such program is sustainable and relevant from year to year.
- Conduct evaluations of the various Bank business lines to determine specialized training needs for each to ensure compliance with all pertinent financial industry laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement bank wide training programs tailored to the specific business lines of the Bank to ensure regulatory compliance and to instill relevant job skills training.
- Create a process for supervising and monitoring progress made via training programs including metrics and tracking of remediation.
- In coordination with Human Resources, implement a system for incorporating training successes and failures into annual performance appraisals including a plan for re-training and on-going employee evaluations.
- Develop and deliver live training sessions on pertinent laws and regulations when and where necessary.
- Report to senior management and the Board of Directors at least annually on the training programs, their successes and, where relevant, the need for improved or changed programs.
- Liaise with Legal Department to stay abreast of all changes to laws and regulations affecting the Bank to ensure appropriate incorporation into training modules whether live or digital.
- Supervise in-house trainer(s) including reviewing and approving all changes to established training programs.
- Organize regular meetings with both middle and senior management to discuss progress and effectiveness of established training programs.
- Attend industry relevant training classes and seminars to continually enhance knowledge of regulatory expectations for bank wide training programs.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 7 years’ industry experience in developing and managing a corporate compliance training program.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills required.
- Superior written and verbal skills required.
- Must have strong organizational skills.