Job Ref: 12811
Evaluate credit quality of new and existing counterparties. Monitor daily credit exposures and trading balances in order to ensure the compliance with established limits.
- Analyze credit quality of new and existing counterparties; assign appropriate credit and notional trading limits to each counterparty.
- Perform annual review/periodical updates of existing counterparties in accordance with the required schedule.
- Manage credit related projects.
- Review hedge fund counterparties and prepare summary reviews for approval by CEO. Perform updates of active hedge fund counterparties when necessary.
- Cooperate with Onboarding and Compliance when there is a modification to a counterparty (i.e. name change, closing of account, etc.) and ensure files are kept up to date to reflect the most current information on the counterparty.
- Maintain and update credit lines and trading notional limits of all the counterparties.
- Monitor daily exposures and investigate exceptions/violations in order to determine the course of actions that needs to be taken in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Communicate results of investigation of exceptions to Senior Management
- Perform due diligence for new account opening.
- Collaborate with Onboarding Team and Fixed Income Dept. on pipeline.
- Manage trading line spreadsheets and ensure limits are up to date.
- Keep abreast of the industry.
- Finance background – Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Good written/oral communication skills
- Experience in analyzing hedge funds, investment managers, mutual funds, banks, broker/dealers and other various financial institutions in the US, Latin America, and Europe using quantitative and qualitative information.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred