Job Ref: 12789
Position will report directly into the Head of Governance and Corporate Secretarial Function. This is a dynamic opportunity for a self-motivated, excellent communicator with detailed knowledge of and experience in Board processes and governance, an individual with strong corporate research skills who is a team player and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Role will provide you with exposure to our organization's most senior leaders while being at the forefront of critical initiatives.
The role encompasses areas of responsibilities including: Board Management, Corporate Secretarial Management and Governance/Project Management. Specific requirements for each are outlined below:
Board Management support including, but not limited to:
- Board meeting preparation, with responsibility for certain Board Committees.
- Drafting and distribution of agendas and materials (including through the Board Vantage portal).
- Drafting and finalizing minutes and resolutions.
- Leading secure distribution and retention of records and materials.
- Board member independence analysis.
- Conflict of Interest and related party transaction analysis.
- Policy review and management.
- Annual Committee Charter review and analysis.
- Board Self-Assessments.
- Corporate secretarial support other functions in the organization, including preparation of officer’s certificates.
- Assisting with overall governance processes to ensure that Bank and Holding Company are appropriately led in accordance with their governance documents, policies, applicable law and standard methodologies
- Research of applicable laws and regulations applicable to Bank governance
- Providing project related support, research and analysis of corporate and governance related matters and handling issues and requests for information as directed by the General Counsel and FVP, Head of Governance.
- J.D. with 4-7 years of experience practicing corporate law at a law firm or equivalent in-house experience in a corporate generalist, corporate secretarial or similar function at either public or private company, preferably at a Bank,
- Strong drafting, verbal and interpersonal skills. This role requires frequent interaction with senior executives, including external directors
- Proficiency with governance requirements
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to lead multiple complex projects at a time
- Experience with Board Vantage board portal preferred
- Knowledge of the banking industry, including banking regulations, a plus