https://www.acgresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/ACG-ResourcesLogo.jpg 104 243 https://www.acgresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/ACG-ResourcesLogo.jpg 2019-08-20 13:57:142019-08-20 13:57:15Chief Compliance Officer (Temp to Perm) Foreign bank
Job Ref: 12829
CHIEF COMPLIANCE OFFICER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the daily activities of the Compliance Department ensuring that all duties and responsibilities are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Understand and comply with the Branch’s BSA/AML Program, which includes, but is not limited to the following: (a) complying with the Customer Identification and Customer Due Diligence Policy and related Branch Operating Procedures; (b) identifying, monitoring and reporting suspicious activity and (c) completing required compliance training in a timely manner, as directed by management
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the Program, ensuring compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements.
- Create and deliver an appropriate compliance monitoring program for the Branch, covering the full scope of compliance risks and taking into account the role of, and work done by, Internal Audit.
- Proactively stay abreast of all regulatory requirements for operations within the Branch. Analyze the impact of international and local regulatory developments, consultation documents and regulations on Branch operations and reacting appropriately to each.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep Head Office Compliance Group and NY Senior Management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Establish goals and evaluate the performance of all direct reports.
- Support and mentor other team members to realize their full potential, delivering compliance related technical training where required. Provide support to colleagues on compliance related matters.
- Create a “Culture of Compliance” throughout the Branch.
- Ensures proper reporting to regulators, duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Ensures proper staff training including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Interacts with state and federal regulators.
- Represents the company during regulatory exams and audits, provides required documents/information.
- Overseeing the implementation and day to day operation of various compliance related technological solutions: onboarding, internal reporting and monitoring systems, monitoring software, and sanctions screening software.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree is preferred.
- Must have at least 7+ years of management experience in Compliance, Risk Management or a related field in banking or financial services.
- Possess risk-related compliance certifications such as ACAMS,
- Must have extensive compliance subject matter expertise and experience in financial services.
- Proficiency in BSA/AML/OFAC regulations
- Working experience with NYDFS Part 504, correspondent banking and trade finance are also important.
- Proven experience working with Auditors, bank regulators, including the NYDFS and FRB.
- Must possess proven strong leadership and collaboration skills.
- Strong negotiation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness presenting to Management and regulators.
- Strong business acumen, and exceptional problem solving, decision making and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical Skills: Must be able to use various in-house software compliance monitoring systems.
- Fluency in English