Job Ref: 12782
AVP/VP Relationship Manager Financial Institutions bilingual Chinese
(Located in Manhattan)
Develop, manage and maintain business relationships with banks and non-bank financial institutions, promote bank products and services to FIs, and work with other FIs to increase funding sources and asset portfolio. Coordinate with other functional departments to deliver business products and solutions to improve NYB’s performance (total assets & income). Achieve designated business targets through developing and managing a portfolio of corporate accounts.
· Develop and maintain business relationships with banks and non-bank financial institutions, promote bank products and services to FIs, and work with other FIs to increase funding sources and asset portfolio.
· Manage vostro accounts and foreign currencies nostro account with other correspondent banks including Head Office and the Bank.
· Conduct research on development and trend of local and international financial markets, and analyze macro-economic policies.
· Develop and enhance financial products/transactions which can be promoted to FI’s.
· Collaborate with WBD, deposit, operational, and other related functional departments to deliver timely business opportunities and solutions to FIs located in the U.S., mainland China and other countries (if necessary).
· Update, prepare, and maintain meeting memos, marketing materials, monthly industry reports, and FI related manuals.
· Coordinate with local legal counsels to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
· Keep up to date with bank policies and handle issues independently.
· Compile required documents, and conduct KYC/CDD and due diligence in response to updates in banks and trading counterparties.
· Create and maintain files of financial institution customers, and maintain FI database and related listing.
· Handle and assist with other duties assigned by the Head of FI.
· Manage and develop business relationship with correspondent banks, including establishing, reviewing and renewal of trading limits & counter-party lines of credit.