Job Ref: 12852
Assistant Property Manager, for NYC Real Estate Owner/ Developer
Our client is a small family office seeking an Assistant Property Manager to work alongside the Senior Property Manager. The ideal candidate should have experience and knowledge of both Residential and Commercial properties. Must have experience of NYC laws and agencies. This job requires being able to constantly multi task. You must keep detailed notes and records to remain organized to stay on top of all ongoing work. We are not looking for individuals new to real estate, or with limited work in real estate, this job requires a comprehensive background in NYC Real Estate Management.
- Must have NYC Real Estate Management Background.
- Must be proficient with Computers, Property Management Software, Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Must have strong writing and verbal skills to communicate with Tenants via email/phone
- Must have back ground in correcting violations from city agencies (FDNY, DOB, ECB, Landmarks, MDR, DHCR).
- Must be able to create and draft Residential Leases for Free Market and Rent Stabilized, All DHCR Filings (Rent Registration, Income Certification, MCI, etc.).
- Scheduling tenant repairs and maintenance with the Tenants, Contractors, and Building staff.
- Taking calls and responding to emails from both Commercial and Residential Tenants and communicate required action with the Property Manager.
- Ordering building supplies, creating Purchase Orders, updating Tenant Profiles, obtaining and tracking Tenant insurance forms, generating move in/out forms, switching utility accounts.
- Maintain accurate and up to date Tenant records; track and report on vendor/contractor services (such as elevator maintenance, hallway cleanings) with daily communication with Building Staff.
- Work with the Property Manager in correcting and removing Building violations, and work to cure them.
- Draft letters and memo’s to Tenants/Buildings at the request of property manager. Must be competent in Drafting Free Market and Rent Stabilized Leases, have knowledge of DHCR rules and requirements and be able to register them annually to the DHCR.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, Starting 9am-5:30pm, with 1 Hour Lunch.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience Level.