Job Ref: 14713
Salary: $100000 – $170000
Project Manager (Compliance)
This company is located in NYC and is looking to add two Project Managers. One with remediation experience (NON-BSA), and one with compliance project experience ( MID-LEVEL). If you are interested read below and apply!
Responsible for providing end-to-end project management for multiple work streams and projects necessary for the Bank’s Regulatory Compliance. The incumbent shall facilitate, support, track and report on the bank’s initiatives to ensure the successful execution of Regulatory Compliance, related laws and regulations, internal policies and regulatory expectations.
The role ensures all activities conducted comply with governing regulations,
internal policies, and procedures.
The responsibilities of the role include;
- Accountable for job performance actions, which includes decision(s) impacting position responsibilities conforming to the bank’s risk appetite and tolerance levels as articulated in the bank’s Risk Appetite & Tolerance Framework, mitigating violations or breaches to the bank’s risk appetite in the exercise of their empowerment and the achievement of desired job performance outcomes as directed by Management.
- Accountability for project objectives, set and provide end-to-end project management for multiple work streams.
- Assist in development and coordination of action plans and follow up on project action items.
- Recommend plan revisions, including timetables, and tracking revision status.
- Coordinate with various parties including the Project Sponsor, Project Owner, and Project Stake holders and provide progress updates as needed to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and as designed.
- Ensure effective and timely resolution of Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/OFAC related, Internal Control and Internal Audit findings, supervisory findings and Matters Requiring Attention in compliance with required corrective actions, current industry best practices, regulatory guidance, and requirements.
- Discuss the remediation closure memo with Compliance senior management for approval and address any comments/questions.
- Support the Head of Compliance Governance in coordination of Regulatory Compliance aspects of bank examinations for all OCC led Regulatory exams, as well as continuous Monitoring related to Compliance.
- Work with the department head to facilitate remediation’s of Regulatory Compliance audit and examination findings and ensure relevant processes are updated and staff trained to prevent future violations.
- Work with stakeholders, ensuring that deadlines are met, and documenting the process up to and including the final product of the project.
- Perform continuous monitoring to track and report the progress of the projects and conducting on-going review of deliverables and milestones to internal stakeholders.
- Track external engagements that are partially or completely outsourced to a vendor or consultants engaged to support the bank with Compliance related projects & activities, etc.
- Perform testing of IT systems as part of the compliance project management.
- Perform compliance projects closure, including internal audit, internal control, Supervisory Letter and MRAs CAP Closure (Internal Audit Department conducts final closure review of each Article upon satisfactory validation of the Action Plans, MRAs and Audit issues)
- Preparation of, including drafting project closure request, consolidating all necessary documents and putting them in an orderly manner.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as needed to the Head of Compliance Governance and Projects as well as Executive Leadership. Other duties may be assigned similar based on Bank requirements and, consistent with the knowledge, skills and competences required for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- Professional certifications in project management and ACAMS certification are required.
- 8 – 10 years’ of BSA/AML and OFAC related hands-on experience and Project Management in a US Foreign Bank setting.
- Minimum of five years project management experience, preferably compliance related projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC related FFIEC guidelines, OCC regulations and Local laws, rules and regulations affecting foreign and domestic banking organizations operating in the U.S.
- Excellent writing skills, with superior organizational skills, attention to details, and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must possess strong problem-solving and negotiation skills, strong initiative, and sound judgment.
- Effective project management skills and experience in building trust.
- High level of discretion with proven ability to handle confidentially all aspects of the role.
Depending on experience & skill
($100,000 – $200,000)