Job Ref: 14638
Salary: $80000 – $120000
Market Risk Analyst
The Market Risk Analyst reports to the Chief Risk Officer, and is responsible for the measurement, monitoring, control and reporting of the Bank’s market risk exposure.
- Monitors, analyzes, and reports market risk, including ad-hoc analysis in relation to market risk and using complex modeling techniques and quantitative analysis to determine value at risk (VAR) measurements; works with other departments to assess risks associated with specific proposed or actual transactions, as requested.
- Daily monitoring of risk, concentration, stress and Value-at-Risk exposures against limits and risk appetite,, while remaining constantly aware of current market dynamics.
- Liaising with trading desks with respect to exposures, new business and market activity and perform in depth analysis of books and trading strategies, and implement appropriate Stress Testing analyses.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with a concentration in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, Physics, actuarial science or a quantitative finance related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience performing financial analysis and business reporting and monitoring business risk; proven experience in project management.
- Strong experience in markets-related roles with an emphasis on market risk management.
- A strong understanding of market risk controls and governance frameworks.
- Familiarity with current regulatory initiatives such as Fundamental Review of Trading Book, Volker, stress testing.
- Experience building and maintaining complex financial applications.
($80,000 – $120,000)