Job Ref: 14634
Salary: $80000 – $125000
Senior Commercial Lines Account Manager
Location: Rye Brook, NY
A family owned and operated broker is seeking a Senior Commercial Lines Account Manager to join their team. Candidate will be responsible for advising clients and managing complex commercial lines accounts. This role offers the perfect opportunity for a technical professional with real world experience in the insurance industry to grow their career in a fast paced, commercially oriented environment.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop an understanding of the clients’ business strategic priorities, risk strategies and risk management needs and provide advice accordingly to successfully serve clients.
- Utilize risk expertise and knowledge of industry and insurance marketplace to review clients’ exposures and loss experience and develop solutions for client needs.
- Assist in presentations to prospective clients and develops/suggests innovative solutions to client and client team members to gain new clients and projects.
- Interact with clients directly to deliver valued advisory services and analysis, with a common goal of growing client relationships.
- Serve as primary point of contact for day-to-day client services to build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Communicate, present, and negotiate details of coverage with insurers.
- Receive, negotiate, and evaluate quotes from carriers to meet clients’ business needs.
- Advise clients on industry/regulatory developments that affect loss liabilities which may impact their business.
- Establish and maintain relationships with brokers and clients to support new business development.
- Maintain quality in all areas of client deliverables, including monitoring delivery and invoicing to ensure satisfaction.
- Keep abreast of changing market conditions and contribute to the firm’s body of knowledge through active internal communication.
- Recommend and develop solutions to meet market demands. Identify improvement opportunities and develop innovative solutions to gain new clients and projects.
- 5+ years of insurance industry and account executive experience.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid NY P&C license.
- Experience using Applied Epic is helpful.
- Desired designations include: CIC, CPCU, CLCS
- Work experience in one of the following firms is helpful: Acentria, Arthur J. Gallagher, Willis, Aon, Marsh, Lockton, HUB, Brown & Brown, Insurance Offices of America, Alliant, NFP, USI, Morris & Reynolds, World Insurance
Depending on experience & skill
($80,000 – $125,000)