Job Ref: 14626
Salary: $65000 – $150000
AVP Accounting Management (bilingual Mandarin)
located onsite in Manhattan
The salary range for the AVP position is $65,000.00-$150,000.00. Actual salary is commensurate with candidate’s relevant years of experience, skillset, education and other qualifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, major in Accountancy related fields are required. Master’s degree is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in large public accounting firm or large corporate accounting or financial reporting function in the financial service industry (especially banks) is required
- Strong technical experience including in depth knowledge of US GAAP and financial reporting is required
- Solid analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task is required
- The ability to comprehend and integrate business objectives with accounting implication is required
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, coupled with the capacity to adeptly convey complex financial information across various functions to a non-accounting audience is required
- Bilingual abilities in Mandarin is preferred
- CPA certification is preferred
- Assist in managing the month end close process and ensure that journal entries and other adjustments are processed before the monthly closing deadlines with proper supporting documentation;
- Assist in monitoring periodic general ledger reconciliation process to ensure all reconciling items are timely and properly investigated and resolved;
- Assist in the process of implementation of any new system or changes related to the general ledger;
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of domestic and Head Office reporting;
- Prepare annual financial statements and footnotes;
- Perform flux analysis at the financial statement level and engage departments or management for potential risk or accounting error;
- Assist in managing the financial reporting and controls process in compliance with the internal control requirements.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures including adoption of new accounting standards;
- Review and document differences between U.S. GAAP and IFRS.