To Apply for this Job Click Here
Job Ref: 14555
Salary: $150000 – $180000
VP Controller Hybrid
Exciting opportunity located in Manhattan
Exempt, base salary $150-180k + eligibility for discretionary bonus based on qualitative performance measures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, a concentration in Financial Accounting preferred. • CPA preferred.
• Previous experience working in an international company.
• Japanese bilingual preferred.
• At least 10 years of experience with progressive responsibility; thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
• Ability to clearly convey financial statistics and technical terminology.
• Proficiency in computer applications that offer support in financial reporting and spreadsheets. • Strong leadership, communication, organizational and follow-up skills. • A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who can partner with management on all financial matters.
Japanese language is preferred, previous experience working at an international company is required.
• Oversee accounting and administration areas (“the team”); propose necessary changes or modification of the team structure and departmental initiatives to COO.• Evaluate team members’ performance as an initial appraiser and propose the result of evaluation to COO; identify training and development needs and recommend solutions to improve workflows, team effectiveness
and departmental efficiency.
• Monitor administrative function; recommend process and system improvements, automation opportunities, cost saving and customer service initiatives; liaise with vendors and external service providers.
• Prepare, oversee and review all monthly closing activity, including creation of financial statements, fund activity accounting and internal reporting.
• Prepare for external audits, compile supporting schedules and respond to auditor inquiries concerning finances; maintain complete and accurate accounting records.• Monitor and manage cash flow and balance sheet to optimize the company’s financial position.
• Research, prepare and submit the annual budget, monitor expenditures, identify variances and implement corrective actions.
• Collect, interpret and report financial data, compile forecasts that best support strategic plans.• Develop and maintain a documented process of accounting policies and procedures; assure internal rules are met and contingencies in place for payments and cash management; manage accounting and financial
systems.• Reconcile general ledger accounts and monthly bank statements; ensure proper cash reconciliations, related party transactions and quarterly service fee calculations.• Assist in the filing of corporate tax returns; prepare various annual tax statements; provide assistance with individual tax filings for expatriate staff.
• Supervise its team members work in accounting and tax and give instructions to its team members and re-assign tasks for smooth operation.