To Apply for this Job Click Here
Job Ref: 14547
Salary: $70000 – $80000
Commercial Lines Representative (NYC Area/Remote)
A respected downtown full service broker with minimal turnover is seeking an experienced Commercial Lines professional. This role offers a competitive compensation package that offers 50% commission on all new business generated. The role is 100% remote and will be working closely with the principal of the firm to help grow and alleviate some of the management of accounts. Although a remote role, the candidate should reside in the NYC metro area since many of the clients are within the area (NYC, NJ, CT, PA)
The ideal candidate will have experience as a Commercial Lines Account Manager, managing policies of various sizes in different industries. Experience with Personal Lines is a plus and AMS360 experience is preferred.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Building and maintaining constructive and effective relationships with clients by leveraging commercial P&C insurance knowledge and expertise to actively service existing accounts and develop new business opportunities.
- Marketing, new business placement, underwriting, servicing, renewal negotiation, risk analysis, consulting, problem resolution, reviewing and rating.
- Fostering an environment of personal accountability by managing appropriate system records of service, marketing, and policy communications with clients and carriers in AMS accordingly.
- Nurturing professional relationships with clients & underwriters through the facilitation of meetings & consistent contact.
- Participating in the retention of renewal business. Interacting with producers to prepare specifications, applications, underwriting data and related information in the marketing of insurance products.
- Ensuring the client has continuous and proper coverage and advising the client of any recommendations within a mutually established timeline.
- Reviewing current policies and providing recommendations regarding placement options. Utilizing coverage checklists and a network of industry contacts to determine appropriate coverage and premiums.
- Supporting the placement of new business & new lines of coverage by setting up accounts, collecting needed documentation, and reviewing plan details with client and carrier.
- Executing coverage analysis as needed as well as providing the client with accurate quotation for any additional coverage’s.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of Commercial Lines client management experience.
- Valid NJ or NY P&C insurance license.
- Industry specific designations preferred- CIC, CPCU or similar.
- Proficient 360
- Extensive carrier/market appetite knowledge to manage placement of new/renewal business.
Depending on experience and skill
($70,000 – $80,000) plus 50% commission on new business.