To Apply for this Job Click Here
Job Ref: 14529
Salary: $85000 – $125000
The Internal Auditor, reporting to Senior Audit Manager, is responsible for leading and/or performing audits, validating issue closure, and assessing risk and control environments in coordination with the Audit team. The Internal Auditor plays an active role throughout all stages of an audit, including planning, executing and reporting. With our focus on diversifying our talents and skills, this role will gain broad exposure to our businesses and processes.
- Operate within a team or independently to conduct audits across operational, financial, regulatory and/or technology areas.
- Perform various audits including planning, scoping, designing testing procedures, and executing audits.
- Complete assigned audits within budgeted timeframes and costs.
- Prepare clear and well-organized audit work papers that appropriately document the work performed.
- Deliver and write clear findings describing the risk, impact and recommendations.
- Develop and apply appropriate audit procedures to the areas reviewed to ensure that key controls are tested and all significant risks are addressed.
- Arrange and schedule meetings and prepare minutes.
- Assist in organizing the IA risk assessment annually; ensure the audit programs conform to the assessed risks and local regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate a strong risk management and risk awareness culture among internal stakeholders.
- Research and monitor current and upcoming local regulatory policies.
- Support the implementation of process improvements within the IA department by adhering to the audit methodology.
- Exercise independent judgement and discretions.
Capability and Experience Requirements:
- 3-5 years of solid auditing work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project management skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Strong interpersonal skills required including: written and verbal communications, ability to work with others, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Able to quickly grasp complex subject matter (both technical and business processes) and apply strong analytical skills and business orientation to assessing processes, risks and controls.
- Experience with international banks, banking product knowledge preferable.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance, business and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience testing BSA/AML and OFAC Program controls and Compliance controls preferred
- CPA, CIA or CAMS preferred.
Depending on experience & skill
($85,000 – $125,000)
For more jobs like this