To Apply for this Job Click Here
Job Ref: 14523
Salary: $100000 – $160000
Associate/AVP Research Analyst (Equity) Hybrid
located onsite in Manhattan 3 days a week/remote 2 days a week
Exempt, base salary $100-160k + eligibility for discretionary bonus based on qualitative and quantitative performance measures.
• Strong academic background in Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics, Data Analysis, Statistics or related field. Progress towards CFA designation preferred.
• Background in data analytics and a passion for investing in equities; or 2-5 years of experience in equity research, securities analysis and fund investing with an understanding of the wider financial environment.
• Strong command of MS Office; Excel VBA; proficiency in python, SQL as well as Bloomberg preferred.
• Outstanding analytical, financial modeling, written and verbal communication skills required; ability to persuasively present recommendations of investment ideas; resourceful, independent and self-motivated thinker, with a keen interest in the stock market and initiative to generate ideas.
• Detail oriented, pro-active, ability to manage and prioritize tasks and able to excel in a highly collaborative global team. Intellectual curiosity and motivation to innovate and improve.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as required.
• Conduct fundamental stock research with emphasis on future cash flow of companies, derive target prices for each stock under coverage by using financial model and provide investment opinions to NY and Tokyo based portfolio managers.
• Write core research reports on stocks; create and update earning models and ratings including ESG.
• Conduct meetings with company management teams; sell-side and other relevant parties to gather information and insights, remain current with industry and market developments, and ultimately find new investment candidates.
• Monitor the fundamentals of companies under coverage including: market trends, competitor dynamics, and any relevant regulatory changes.
• Develop screening and quantitative tools to improve research process; leveraging Bloomberg and data analytics. Automate data collection and analysis. Build and test tools and/or models to analyze financial data, including stock prices, earnings, valuations and other financial indicators