To Apply for this Job Click Here
Job Ref: 14517
Salary: $100000 – $130000
Our client, an international Financial Institution that specializes in correspondent banking services is seeking a fully remote BSA/OFAC Officer that is Bilingual Spanish. The ideal candidate must have correspondent banking experience. Candidate must have strong BSA experience. This is perfect for someone looking to take the next step in their career.
The role reports directly to the Board of Directors and has primary responsibility for the Bank’s compliance with all applicable rules and regulations including state and federal laws.
The position is the BSA/OFAC officer and has primary responsibility for operationalizing the Board’s Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/Countering the Financing Terrorism (BSA/AML/CFT) and U.S. Economic Sanctions (OFAC) Policies; including the development and oversight of procedures and controls designed to ensure compliance with those policies.
- Daily management of the Bank’s BSA Compliance Program to ensure overall ongoing compliance, updating policies and procedures as dictated by changes in the banks business, regulatory changes, or other factors.
- Daily management of the Bank’s OFAC Compliance Program to ensure overall ongoing compliance, updating policies and procedures as dictated by changes in the banks business, regulatory changes, or other factors.
- Identification of other laws and regulations applicable to the Bank, and development and management of programs to ensure compliance with them.
- Regularly reporting to the Board of Directors, including the status of the Bank’s BS/AML and OFAC Compliance Programs.
- Performing risk assessments of the Bank’s activities and operations designed to identify risks associated with the Bank’s geographies, customers, products and services, and the nature of its banking operations and providing a report to the Compliance Committee and Senior Management.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining detailed controls to manage risks identified in BSA/AML risk assessments of the Bank’s activities and operations
- Overseeing the day to day operations of the Compliance Department of the Bank including transaction monitoring, suspicious activity reporting, managing 314(a), client onboarding, periodic reviews of clients and other activities undertaken by the BSA/AML department.
- Ensuring that adequate controls are in place before new products are offered.
- Informing Senior Management of compliance initiatives, identify compliance deficiencies, corrective action taken, and suspicious activity reports filed.
- Providing for program continuity despite changes in management or employee composition or structure.
- Maintaining all regulatory recordkeeping and reporting requirements, recommendations for AML compliance and providing timely updates in response to changes in regulations.
- Providing adequate controls for higher risk customers, transactions, and product, as necessary, such as transaction limits or management approvals.
- Training Bank personnel on AML Program directives.
- Carrying out the direction of the Board of Directors and ensuring that employees adhere to the Bank’s policies, procedures, and processes.
Depending on experience & skill
($100,000 – $130,000)