Job Ref: 14510
Salary: $100000 – $110000
AVP Assistant Manager of Finance/Administration bilingual Japanese Hybrid
located in Manhattan, hybrid schedule
base salary $100-110k + eligibility for discretionary bonus based on qualitative performance measures.
Fluency in Japanese and English is a requirement.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, a concentration in Financial Accounting preferred.
• At least 5 – 7 years of experience within a financial role with previous experience working in a Japanese
company; thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting
• Ability to speak, read and write fluently in English and Japanese
• Ability to clearly convey financial statistics and technical terminology.
• Proficiency in computer applications that offer support in financial reporting and spreadsheets.
• Strong leadership, communication, organizational and follow-up skills.
• A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who can partner with management on all financial matters.
• CPA preferred.
• Oversee accounting and administration areas (“the team”); propose necessary changes or modification of the team structure and departmental initiatives to Director of Finance and Administration.
• Supervise activities of administrative staff; accounting and approval of personnel-related expenses, including employee benefits and payroll costs.
• Monitor administrative function; recommend process and system improvements, automation opportunities, cost saving and customer service initiatives; liaise with vendors and external service providers.
• Oversee and review all monthly closing activity, including creation of financial statements, fund activity accounting and internal reporting.
• Evaluate the team members’ performance as an initial appraiser and propose the result of evaluation to Director of Finance and Administration; identify training and development needs and recommend solutions to
improve workflows, team effectiveness and departmental efficiency.
• Prepare for external audits, compile supporting schedules and respond to auditor inquiries concerning finances; maintain complete and accurate accounting records.
• Collect, interpret and report financial data; compile forecasts that best support strategic plans.
• Develop and maintain a documented process of accounting policies and procedures; assure internal rules are met and contingencies in place for payments and cash management; manage accounting and financial
• Oversee the staff accountant in the preparation and submission of the annual budget, monitor expenditures,
identify variances and implement corrective actions.
• Reconcile general ledger accounts and monthly bank statements; ensure proper cash reconciliations, related
party transactions and quarterly service fee calculations.
• Assist in the filing of corporate tax returns; prepare various annual tax statements.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned.