Job Ref: 14470
Salary: $80000 – $120000
The Credit Risk Analyst is responsible for analyzing credit data and financial information to determine risk associated with granting loans and credit to clients.
- Assess credit risk, aggregate and evaluate data related to credit and credit risk to support organizational decision making.
- Conduct thorough analysis of financial statements, business relationships, and assessment of credit requests.
- Prepare reports based on findings to aid lending decisions and present to Bank Management.
- Perform loan reviews and portfolio analysis.
- Liaise with financial institutions to obtain required information for making credit decisions.
- Complete loan applications and required supporting documentation to submit to Bank Management for approval.
- Review high-risk relationships and escalate issues as needed, identify potential risk factors before approval of credit lines to clients and applicants.
- Preventing loss and charge-back activity by mitigating credit risk.
- Maintain a working knowledge of market credit indicators such as Legal, Market Risk, and Compliance issues.
- Make recommendations for process improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or related fields.
- Must have of 3-5 years’ experience in a credit analyst, credit underwriting capacity preferably in a financial institution.
- Strong understanding of bureau information, as well as financial principles.
- Possess working knowledge of lending and underwriting practices.
- Working knowledge or prior experience in a market risk position will be an added advantage.
- Keen attention to detail, excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong time management skills, the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Should be able to work well on their own with minimal supervision, but also perform effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent research, analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Proficient computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite, with experience using advanced Excel functions.
Depending on experience and skill
($80,000 – $120,000)