Job Ref: 14342
Deputy Chief Auditor Hybrid
Located in Manhattan, Three days in office/2 remote and must be fully vaccinated.
The Deputy Chief Auditor assists the Chief Auditor in the management of the audit function and leads complex audits.
- 10+ years of progressive audit experience in financial institutions, preferably commercial banking
- Leadership and management skills with a proven track record of managing audit professionals.
- Experience in lending/credit (i.e., middle market commercial and industrial, real estate), and compliance (i.e., BSA/AML) preferred.
- Experience in foreign bank organizations preferred
- Education / Certifications:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related area
- CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, and/or CAMS certifications preferred
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership abilities, with excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Extensive knowledge of banking and financial regulations, in particular financial crime and credit/lending
- Good project management skills
- Delivers high quality under defined deadlines
- Manage change, propose and implement new ideas and concepts
- Demonstrated ability to manage people in a way that inspires, develops, and delivers results
- Advanced knowledge of auditing standards and practices
- Displays personal initiative, self-motivation and drive for results
- Sound analytical thinker, comfortable making difficult decisions and focused on process improvement
- Ability to work collaboratively and successfully interact a variety of stakeholders, including senior management, regulators, and other bank personnel
- Support the Chief Auditor in leading various audit projects, developing a risk-based audit plan, managing the audit team, liaising with regulators, management and head office.
- Supervise and/or execute complex audits, including planning, scoping, fieldwork, reporting. Assign and review work of others (i.e., work papers, deliverables). Ensure that audits are executed timely and within budget.
- Prepare and/or review compelling audit reports, design effective recommendations, and build constructive relationships with management.
- Follow-up on internal audit and regulatory findings and ensure that remedial actions are tracked and validated.
- Work with the Chief Auditor on strategic initiatives, regulatory projects, and other special projects.
- Assist the Chief Auditor with ongoing monitoring activities.
- Coach, mentor and develop audit professionals, and manage third party resources.
- Assist the Chief Auditor as required in ensuring the efficiency of the audit department’s internal operations, processes and procedures.
- Ability to back up the Chief Auditor in his/her absence.
For more jobs like this