Job Ref: 13996
AVP Compliance Officer
Exciting opportunity with a growing bank located Onsite in Manhattan.
- Perform KYC/CDD/EDD on new customers and during periodic account reviews. Work with the business units to resolve account opening issues and perform on going quality control of the KYC/customer files.
- In accordance with the approved Compliance Program, perform periodic compliance reviews and testing of all impacted areas to ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place to meet all regulatory requirements.
- Provide guidance to the business support units and IT in developing effective controls and procedures for identifying, monitoring, reporting and recording suspicious activities.
- Ensure compliance with account opening, transaction monitoring and reporting procedure.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in bank compliance or related financial services compliance position.
- BS Degree in Finance, Business or related field.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) preferred or comparable certification or background required.
- In-depth knowledge of various Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing typologies.
- Proficiency with the Bank Secrecy Act (AML/KYC), USA Patriot Act (Anti-Terrorist Financing, correspondent banking and Customer Identification Program) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- A basic knowledge of FATCA or related experience.
- Able to use various in-house software and suspicious activity monitoring and CFT systems.
- Knowledge of AML and OFAC systems.
For more jobs like this