Job Ref: 13987
Seeking General Counsel for our client in Phoenix, Arizona. Our client is a private equity firm that specializes in commercial real estate and credit spaces. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of innovative professionals with a family-like culture. This role will be working with outside counsel and will slowly transition over.
- Academic credentials with a J.D. from an accredited law school
- Minimum of five years' transaction experience with a concentration in commercial real estate finance
- Demonstrable experience in commercial real estate and finance transactions
- Previous private equity and SEC regulatory compliance experience is preferred
- Serve as the Chief Compliance Officer by overseeing fund compliance and lending compliance. Coordinate with
compliance vendors and outside counsel to ensure our client maintains compliance.
- Serve as the firm’s senior legal officer by advising the executive leadership team on legal matters.
- Collaborate with business teams and outside counsel regarding transactions, compliance, private equity fund management, and regulatory matters.
- Manage the Company’s compliance manual policies and procedures, developing new policies/refining existing policies as necessary.