Job Ref: 13977
Human Resources Generalist
Exciting opportunity located in Long Island, New York (Suffolk County). If you are a Human Resources professional ready for a new challenge, then we should speak. We are representing an HR consulting firm that has a great opportunity for an HR professional to utilize their "Human" skills. In this role, you will work with clients as their outsourced HR professional.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Three or more years of related work experience
- Ability to navigate various payroll/HRIS platforms
- SHRM, HRCI, or other HR-related certification preferred (ex: APA)
- Must have a reliable form of transportation and a clean driver’s license
- Expected to work in Long Island office (Suffolk County), maintain a home office, and travel to work with clients on-site in Long Island, NYC and New Jersey.
- Work with HRBPs, HR Gen IIs, to advise and support clients in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Develop new hire kits/checklists, employee handbooks, job applications, job descriptions.
- Conduct employee trainings as needed, including but not limited to Unlawful Harassment & Bullying, Communication Styles, and Time Management.
- Process client payrolls and/or maintain knowledge of client pay practices and payroll processes to provide back-up support when necessary.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of Federal employment regulations as well as applicable State and local employment regulations (NY, NJ, PA, CA, etc.).