Job Ref: 13936
FVP Head of Operations (Foreign Banking)
We are representing a major foreign bank in NYC in their search for a Head of Operations. This is an exciting opportunity to join a bank located in Manhattan and Support the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Information Officer in managing the Operations Group, consisting of Loan Origination and Servicing, Account Services and Cash Management, Money Transfer, L/C Operations and Treasury Operations. Direct and plan all aspects of the group’s policies, initiatives and objectives.
- Extensive knowledge of banking rules and regulations
- Ability to effectively manage and integrate operations and workflows
- Familiarity with concepts of Foreign Bank Operations
- Thorough knowledge of effective managerial principles, practices and methods
- Familiarity with short-and long-range planning processes
- Proficiency with Banking suite of applications (preferably FIS IBS core system and FIS support systems) and MS Office applications
- FIS/ACBS a plus
- 10 years’ management level experience in bank operation
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA preferred
- Develop, recommend, and implement dynamic strategies for improving operating efficiencies, automating workflows as appropriate and optimizing personnel resources.
- Review internal controls, monitoring tools and validation procedures designed to manage the risk environment in Operations and minimize losses caused by human error, system failures and intentional fraud.
- Assist in resolving exceptions cited in internal audits, external audits and regulatory.
- Create and promote staff development and training programs to create a highly motivated, disciplined, and productive workforce.
- Supervisory Responsibility: Direct the development of subordinates. Recommend salary adjustments,
promotions, transfers, and prepare/review performance evaluations as a means of achieving an efficient and well- motivated staff.