Job Ref: 13881
Salary: $0 – $
Consumer Compliance Consultant Temp
located onsite in Manhattan
– Continuously review and create, where necessary, internal reports to support monitoring of risks identified in the Consumer Compliance Management Program (“CCMP”) for individual business lines, products and services.
– Assist Consumer and Regulatory Compliance Risk Assessment.
– Assist with Consumer Compliance Committee and CRA Compliance Committee meeting preparation as requested.
– Prepare monthly analyses of all required monitoring reports for Head of the Consumer and Regulatory Compliance, and, where relevant, suggest enhancements and/or changes to increase knowledge of the risk being monitored.
– Assist Head of the Consumer and Regulatory Compliance with monitoring and reviewing marketing programs and disclosures.
– Assist with conducting branch compliance assessments with regard to applicable consumer protection laws and regulations, including ensuring all relevant documentation and work product is maintained appropriately, and report such findings to Head of the Consumer and Regulatory Compliance, and track required remediation.
– Assist with monitoring, tracking and responding to both internal audit and regulatory examinations and findings.
– Assist with monitoring and tracking of consumer complaints and creating relevant metrics related thereto.
– Participate in regular continuing education to stay abreast of new laws, regulations and regulatory focus to enhance job performance.
– Participate in management meetings as requested by Head of the Consumer and Regulatory Compliance to address consumer and regulatory compliance issues.
– Bachelor Degree required. Law degree preferred but not required.
– 5 to 10 years’ experience with consumer compliance protection laws and regulations.
– Experience with Community Reinvestment Act regulations.
– Experiences with regulatory exams preferred.
– CRCM or other industry designation is a plus but not required. Retail banking experience helpful.
– Strong verbal and written skills required.
– Knowledge of Excel a must.