Job Ref: 13695
Job title: Business Development Manager (USA)
Reporting: Director of Business Development
This role offers the opportunity to join a growing technology and automation company that caters to retailers and grocers. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing the sales through resellers in North America. The role offers high visibility and a chance to build the USA presence. The company is established globally and already has some large clients.
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- At least 5 years of sales experience, preferably selling to resellers and to the grocery retail industry
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Direct field sales experience in working with enterprise accounts
- Channel sales management experience
- B2B relationship building skills
- The ideal candidate will have experience selling technology-based solutions through reseller channels and will not be afraid of a fast-paced, high-energy inside sales environment.
This role is responsible for developing and maintaining profitable relationships with resellers in North America and motivating, training, and working with resellers to close new customers for the client.
- Engage with existing resellers to bring in new customers
- Bring on new partners through outbound prospecting
- Meet channel sales quotas in assigned geographical regions
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and yearly pipeline reporting and forecasts from channel partners within territory
- Recruit new channel partners; ensure market leading training and support is provided
- Ensure high quality two-way communication between channel partners and company
- Lead one-on-one screen-sharing presentations as required
- Partner with other team members on territory management.
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- Business development and sales – responsible for sales strategy, partner relationships, opportunity development, forecasting and creating “raving fan clients”
- New Client Acquisition – develop new business across multiple industries
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s vision, strategic priorities, capabilities, and practice specialties
- Develop new business opportunities with potential partners, focusing on converting qualified prospects by presenting compelling business propositions and solutions.
- Develop and execute a strategic business plan that meets or exceeds
- Maintain consistent sales growth by continuously establishing new accounts and positioning us as a strategic advisor delivering actionable insights and practical business solutions
About Our Client
Our client is the trusted partner of retailers for the use of digital technology in stores. They are, the worldwide leader in smart digital labels and pricing automation, develops a comprehensive IoT and digital platform that delivers a complete set of services to retailers. The solution enables retailers to connect and digitize their physical stores; automate low-value-added processes; improve operational efficiency; inform and serve customers; ensure information integrity to continuously optimize on-hand inventory; prevent stock-outs and waste and create an omni-channel service platform that builds loyalty and meets evolving consumer expectations.
- Position is to be held in Chicago area office
- Travels will be frequent in North America for larger account meetings, trade shows and corporate meetings (25 -50%)