Job Ref: 13614
THIS IS A 100% REMOTE OPPORTUNITY.
DE and SARS/LAPP preferred but not required. Our client will sponsor you to obtain your certification.
We are seeking a Mortgage Underwriter that is looking to commit to a reputable company for the long term. Our client is a family oriented established company that never had layoffs in their history. The company is licensed in 50 states.
Our client offers great benefits and compensation package including overtime and bonus. Overtime is not required. The employee can choose to work as much or as little overtime as desired.
Pipeline is 20% government loans and 80% conventional.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform a variety of tasks related to the review of complete mortgage loan packages for sale into the secondary market.
- Verify and validate for accuracy and completeness all documents received and confirm documents that meet those required by various authorities including but not limited to FNMA, FHLMC, HUD,DE and individual investors
- Update, maintain loan data and documentation in Loan Origination System for review
- Research applicant’s employment and financial history to help determine the accuracy of application and documents
- Request additional information from Loan Processors as needed on all documents to help determine loan risk
- Communicate and document reasons for approval or rejection of loans
- Meet company standards of 75 new files per month
This is not a temporary/seasonal position. We're looking for candidates who want to grow with us.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of current underwriting experience
- DE & SARS preferred – but not required
- Must possess good technical skills, comfortable with MS Office, Byte, DU, LP and other various industry systems.
- Must have an advanced understanding of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and Investor guidelines.
- Must know liquidity test on self-employed borrowers and have appraisal review experience. Underwriters are responsible for review and sign-off on appraisals.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Vacation Pay (PTO)
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Long-term paid disability
- Voluntary FSA, Dependent Care, Short Term Disability, & Cancer coverage
- Voluntary Identity/Legal Shield coverage
- Paid maternity and bonding leave