Job Ref: 13603
Our client is seeking an SBA Loan Underwriter to add to their team. The bank is a smaller financial institution that offers the ability to work closely alongside the management team. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years experience underwriting SBA loans. Must be have SBA 7a experience.
SBA Underwriter- Primary Responsibilities:
- Experience in approving Small Business Administration (SBA) 7a loans using delegated authority under the Preferred Lending Partner (PLP) program.
- Knowledge of SBA Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to evaluate loan applications for eligibility, accuracy, and completeness.
- Provide support for loan officers regarding SBA eligibility and proper loan structuring.
- Perform financial analysis and repayment capacity for borrowers and affiliates.
- Prepare SBA credit memorandum discussing borrower business history and projections, repayment capacity, and terms and conditions of the loan request.
- Experience with SBA 504 Program a plus
- Must be able to meet and maintain high production standards
- Comfort in reviewing credit and collateral
- Knowledge of SBA Guidelines
- Strong organizational skills