Job Ref: 13597
The Pre-Funding Specialist reports to and collaborates with the Closing Manager to complete the review of the loan file that will be submitting to Underwriting.
Include but not limited to:
- Has a complete understanding of products, processes, guidelines, and regulatory requirements with strength in Processing and Underwriting.
- Gathers necessary information and documentation for review to on Clear to Close files for release to Pre-Closing and Closing.
- Maintains communications with processors, underwriter as to status of loan.
- Follows-up on required information, documentation required for processing and underwriting conditions with Branches, Loan Originators and Processors.
- Review of documentation for complete package in stacking order to be submitted to Closing.
- Working with the Underwriting, Processing and Loan Origination area to coordinate clearing defects and providing documents
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, resulting in the ability to interact with all levels of employees within the organization.
- Strong collaboration and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office (Excel, Word) or other transferable software packages.
- Strong desire to excel in a competitive environment.
- As defined by the S.A.F.E. Act, must register as a Mortgage Loan Originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and maintain the unique identifying registration number.
Candidate should also possess:
- Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing procedures.
- Knowledge of federal lending regulations governing real estate lending.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivation with the ability to complete multiple tasks at once
- Strong interpersonal skills in a professional setting
- Sound judgment skills and prudent deductive reasoning skills
- Ability to maintain and adhere to all company policies including those regarding confidentiality and privacy
- High levels of integrity and a strong work ethic
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Ability to handle frequent changes (adaptability)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- One or more years relevant loan experience
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government lending guidelines preferred.