Job Ref: 13592
Vice President – Risk Management
Our client, a premier, well established corporation is seeking a VP Insurance Risk Management.
Position is opening due to a retirement
Protect company assets, earnings, and cash flow from the adverse effects of accidental losses and unforeseen events. Direct the various risk management processes and activities, including insurance procurement, policy management, claims management, risk prevention, exposure analysis, claims and risk management information systems, cost allocation, certificates of insurance, contract reviews, lender requests, outside contractors, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the insurance renewal & procurement process for all commercial property & casualty insurance placements.
- Plan, lead, direct, and supervise the activities of the Risk Management Department personnel, including all administration, staff hiring, and training.
- Appoint and direct the activities of brokers, consultants, and service companies, to assure the quality of service is focused on supporting the risk management department objectives.
- Assure the corporate staff and property management are provided with technical support and guidance in all insurance and risk management issues.
- Respond to the daily request for information and assistance from senior management, lenders, and property-level issues/incidents.
- Recommend policy limits, retentions, and risk financing vehicles.
- Review, edit and advise on contractor agreements.
- Meet and communicate with senior personnel regarding risk identification and root cause analysis to determine potential causes of loss and suggest alternative ways to minimize losses.
- Manage, monitor, and report workers compensation, liability, and property claim to TPA as needed.
- Develop & maintain positive insurance company, broker & assorted vendor/consultant relationships.
- Minimum 10+ years of broad and progressive Senior Risk Management experience, including leading the risk management function for large publicly traded and/or private companies.
- Advanced knowledge of all commercial insurance policy terms and conditions.
- Advanced knowledge of diverse claims management techniques.
- Broad understanding of the insurance company claim function and TPA operations.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and negotiating skills.
- Good employee relations and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate level knowledge of MS Office software.
- Deadline driven – must operate quickly & on schedule. Ability to handle high volume of short deadlines (multitasking).
- Logical & analytical – good at analyzing problems or situations, quickly identifying the root issues of the problem.
- Self-motivated and proactive with ability to prioritize work without supervision (work independently).
- Strong organization skills- ability to effectively manage a high volume of simultaneous responsibilities and respond appropriately to different priority situations.
- Experience working with CFO, senior Asset management, Legal and other senior officers.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One or more industry designations: Associates in Risk Management (ARM), Associates in Claim Management (ACM), and/or Chartered Property/Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)